Policies & General Conditions
Carmo´s Boutique Hotel understands that the use of your personal data requires your trust. We are subject to the highest privacy standards and will only use your personal data for clearly identified purposes and in accordance with your data protection rights. The confidentiality and integrity of your personal data is one of our main concerns.
Who is the entity responsible for processing your personal data?
– Olinduna, Empreendimentos Turísticos, Lda is responsible for processing the personal data of its customers.
How do we collect your personal data?
– If you make a RESERVATION or purchase another service from the Carmo’s Boutique Hotel Offer;
– If you join CLUB ELITE | CARMO'S, in the Consent Form for joining the Club, the option of prior, free, informed and specific consent will be informed to receive information on hotel promotions or special offers exclusive to its members.The personal data required to join the Elite Club are: Name / Nationality / Date of Birth / E-mail address / Telephone.
For what purposes and on what grounds can your personal data be used?
– The personal data collected are treated only with a view to complying with the legislation applicable to the sector and the necessary requirements for fulfilling the contractual relationship duly publicized and announced on this website, and in accordance with the new Regulation (EU) 2016/679 for the Protection of Data. The omission or inaccuracy of such data provided by the customer is entirely his responsibility.
– The processing of data for marketing purposes will be carried out in accordance with the option of consent in strict terms expressed by the customer. Consent will be prior, free, informed and specific to receive information about promotions or special offers from the hotel. At any time, the customer may object to the processing of this data for marketing purposes.
Under the terms of the data protection legislation in force in the European Union (the General Data Protection Regulation) the use of personal data must be justified under at least one legal basis for the processing of personal data. You can consult the explanation of the scope of each of these grounds.*
The legal basis applicable to the collection and use of your personal data for the purposes of dissemination and customer information and marketing is your consent.
*Legal basis for the processing of personal data
- When you have given consent to the processing of your personal data (for these purposes, you will be presented with a consent form for the use of your data, which consent can be subsequently withdrawn);
- How much processing is necessary to make or comply with a Carmo´s Service Reservation;
- When the treatment is necessary to fulfill the legal obligations to which Carmo´s is subject;
- When processing is necessary to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it prevail over your data protection rights;
- When processing is necessary for us to declare, exercise or defend a right in legal proceedings against you, us or a third party.
What personal data can be collected
⇒ Contact information
Name, Address, Telephone, Email address.
⇒ Identification Information
Date of birth, Nationality, Country of residence, Number of Citizen Card / Passport / Driving License (and Country of issue of the document), expiration date of the identification document and data of your credit card.
⇒ Internal Identification Data
⇒ Customer history
Date of Stay/Purchase, price paid, particular service requirements, dietary restrictions or other information that allows for better customer service.
How do we keep your personal data safe
Although the transmission of data over the internet or website cannot guarantee total security against intrusions, we and our service providers and commercial partners make the best efforts to implement and maintain physical, electronic and procedural security measures aimed at protecting your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection requirements. Among others, we implemented the following:
- Restricted personal access to your personal data based on the “need to know” criterion and only within the scope of the communicated purposes;
- Storage of highly confidential data (such as credit card information) for a restricted and essential period for the fulfillment of contractual relations and for exclusive use for the intended purpose and destroyed soon after the service is concluded, not being registered in the history ;
- Protection of information technology systems through firewalls, with a view to preventing unauthorized access to your personal data; It is
- Permanent monitoring of access to information technology systems with a view to preventing, detecting and preventing the misuse of your personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary within the scope of the purpose for which it was collected.
Once the maximum conservation period has been reached, your personal data will be irreversibly anonymized (anonymized data may be preserved) or will be securely destroyed.
With whom we may share your personal data and how we keep it safe
Carmo´s Boutique Hotel is based only in Portugal and does not provide your personal information to any other entity.
Your personal data is stored on the protected servers of our partners, namely Small Luxury Hotels of the World and suppliers/service providers, being accessed and used exclusively under our policies and standards (or equivalent policies and standards of our suppliers /service providers).
How can you change or withdraw your consent
To withdraw your declarations of consent submitted to Carmo´s Boutique Hotel, simply inform in writing that you wish to withdraw your consent by sending your email to firstname.lastname@example.org or letter by post to Rua Santiago da Gemieira, 10 | 4990-645 Gemieira, Ponte de Lima, Portugal.
The last Consent Form submitted to Carmo´s Boutique Hotel will prevail over all previous ones.
When you visit our website, a small text file (Cookie) is created and saved on your computer's disk. When recognizing this file, it will allow you to access it more easily and quickly.
The technical information of your computer is identified when you visit the pages of our website, as well as the IP (Internet Protocol), the operating system, the type of browser. We use this information only to improve the quality of your visit to our website and in order to analyze the functioning of the website, users' browsing experience and evaluate the effectiveness of promotional campaigns. This information is not disclosed to entities external to Carmo’s Boutique Hotel.
Your data protection rights and the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
The customer is guaranteed the right of access, rectification, opposition, deletion, limitation and portability of their personal data. Your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exceptions aimed at safeguarding the public interest (prevention or detection of crimes) or our interest (maintenance of professional secrecy). If you exercise any of these rights, we will proceed with your analysis and will respond, expectably, within 1 (one) month.
If you are dissatisfied with our use of your personal data or with our response after exercising any of these rights, you have the right to file a complaint with your control authority (National Commission for Data Protection – CNPD | Rua de São Bento , n.º 148, 3º, 1200-821 Lisboa | Tel: 351 213928400 | Fax: +351 213976832 | e-mail: email@example.com).
The personal data collected by Carmo's are treated only with a view to the better functioning of the services requested, and in accordance with the new General Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on Data Protection.